Monday, June 23, 2014

Week of Hope 2014

We just got back home from a service trip with our teens from Crossroad Community Church.  It was a great time. Our leaders had the privilege of leading 8 youth to begin a relationship with Christ- 7 of them from our own church.  Remarkable!

God moves in so many ways- many of which we have no idea how.  I'll admit I wasn't happy Sunday night when we received our "crew" assignments.  I was in charge of 4 teens- none of them from our youth group.  The conversation in my head went something like this.

Me: What?  God, are you serious?  I don't know any of these kids.  I just moved to IN 6 months ago and am getting to know "our" kids and now you give me 4 complete strangers?  What are you doing to me?

God:  I put them with you for a reason.

Me:  Ok... ok.  You know what's best. (mumble mumble grumble grumble)

I still don't know all the reasons why my crew was put together the way it was.  Maybe it was because a couple of the shy girls needed someone loud and obnoxious (who, me?) as their group leader.  Maybe it was because I was able to lead one of my crew's best friend in the beginning of a new relationship with Christ as their Savior.  Whatever the reason- I had a blast hanging out with 4 kids from 3 different states.  It was great to encourage them to be grateful for the things we have and to "serve with a smile."  We had great conversations about the fact that while the Christian walk may be hard and things happen we may not understand- that it's worth the cost.  In the end- while harder- it's so much sweeter to walk with Jesus than to walk alone.

I'm excited about the new found faith at least 8 teens began last week.  I'm excited to see how God transforms their lives.  Often, I feel at awe that I get to be a part of all that.




No comments: